The black the white the gray of life

The black the white the gray of life

Sunday, July 25, 2010

painting life


Sifting, cooling caressing my feet;
sand making way into finger gaps,
The waves soothing,purgative cleanse my feet,
but sand again seeps in.
Spreading,across a golden sheen.
The ocean's Vastness lies beyond horizons,
swallowing all reckless and near.
Sand lets the tide in,
I drift away to draw a dream.
Slowly i make a small mark,
Using colorful glass to decorate,
shells and pebbles to keep my dream from drowning.
Steadily I feel divine,
Protecting my art, like a father protecting child.
The wind pierces through the fence of hair,
Quickly blowing my scarf again.
I move, I haste for my favorite scarf, wind the thief runs along.
I grab, I turn, I fear the destruction of my talent.
The Tide has done its part, swept the last memory of my art.
I sigh and then again i smile,
I'm not defeated, the canvas is mine.
Tomorrow again i will paint my life,
Tomorrow again i will paint my mind.

2 comments:

  1. magnificent....thats da word for it...beautifully crafted....luvd every word...da very idea itself is so mesmerizing....accept my *bows* fr writing dis one...fr its a piece of art....thoroughly in luv wid dis one.....

    i had once tried to deal with a similar subject...bt i guess at two different moments in time...one came out as a poem nd da oder as a short prose....bt dis stands out...thanks fr writing dis one! :) :) :)

    tc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you from the very bottom of my heart for your generous and encouraging words :) they are ...fuel for my small attempts of expression. :) and may I remain humble with God's grace..lol ..hehe :)thanks for liking it tc!

    ReplyDelete