The black the white the gray of life

The black the white the gray of life

Monday, July 5, 2010

Into the wilderness

Running,running,running,
feet throbbing, heart thudding.
Into the wilderness,
creepers hanging long tresses.
Into a world happier,
Never ending...just like another dream to me it appears.
On the barks i paint my mind.
Caricature of the world I don't belong to,
still painting like a child.
To feel the petals on my cheeks,
rejuvenating the green welcome of the trees,
And see the world unfolding,
into the curls of the tendrils.
But in one thing i find no joy,
crunching the leaves under my feet.
They give so much, rise so high.
Then i think they might just touch the sky.
Rule of the wilderness is such,
blooming flowers wilting die,
green leaves, turning wry.
Becoming mud, engulfed in brown;
They greet the roots, and again they sprout.
My land i love it so much,
But when the sun goes down i will have to leave this land.
Return to the brutal atrocities of out land.
Only barbs will come my way,
shrouded in blood i will lay.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful work....ur "about me" was what struck a chord of relation...i cld relate to it completely.....beautifully rendered...

    nd den dis work of art....da whole flow of emotions is spectacularly moulded and ends in a crescendo....luvd it! tc! :)

    ReplyDelete