The black the white the gray of life

The black the white the gray of life

Saturday, August 21, 2010

hushing by....




Image:Shadow painted by Paloma Spaeth.

Drowned in thought in the evening's land of orange,
I hear a whisper...breaking the silence hushing in solace.
My shadow it is and who else?
But for a second I stunned stare,
as if lost in its dark embrace.
Then words, I open up.
Putting my soul to listen hard of what is heard.
Thumping heart, ribs shred,
slowly I feel tears bled.
"running away into the imaginary,
clad in studs of illusion, fantasy...
Your senses seem to have numbed , gone blind.
Sometimes you love what ideal is,
and remember the ideal always deceives.
Sometimes there seems no end,
forever is nothing, unreal for real the heart mistakes.
Sometimes you leave the present for the future test,
past is gone, did you forget?
Today's present was future yesterday.
Sometimes yes, miracles happen.
To dark compliments only fire.
Kiss,love,break free!
Your wings of hope will let you flee."
A smile faint , a heart calm.
Shadow you lead the way,
awakened my conscience,
Why did you cease to say,
call me again, please stay.
where are you?
not again, I'm already betrayed.
come again to soothe my soul,
come back whisper more.
You stepped back into the nights sting.
I will make up and you will see,
I will kiss , i will love, i will free.
My notions i will burn in fire,
I will once again give in to desire.
Let me foster courage enough.
Just let me foster courage enough.

5 comments:

  1. I've just come across your blog..a good poet...impressive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi – I am a new follower of yours.I have a comedy blog called the Laughing Monkey Stick & would love for follow me back http://laughingmonkeystick.blogspot.com/ . For every follower that joins I will be releasing a Unicorn back into the wilds of the New Jersey boardwalk. So please do your part by joining and saving these special creatures. Thanks
    Mr. Monkey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used a link to your site in my September 8th, 2010, post; if this is inappropriate please let me know. Thank you for your comment and talent- world without end ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely mesmerizing work as usual....flow, rhythm and the emotions are wonderfully conveyed...luvd reading you again. :)

    ReplyDelete