The black the white the gray of life

The black the white the gray of life

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Story

I'm here. I'm there.
I see myself everywhere.

Again and again, full in all the fragments.
Never broken, not so still.
A butterfly in the caterpillar's dreams.

Stealing, running, growing lean.
Becoming all I could have been.

Whatever I touch turns to tin.
In this world of hate I believe.

In a tub I swim like a fish.
In the cupboard I breathe like the sky.
And in my hands I die like a fly.

2 comments:

  1. I liked the second stanza, "Again and again.....".

    Good poem.

    You seem very fond of Sylvia plath. Try Emily Dickinson also, if you haven't already. I like her a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Syed
    Thanks :)

    Yeah I like her work and choice of subjects ...remarkable at poetry. I have read Emily dickinson and like her work too.

    ReplyDelete